Friday, November 11, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
I wish I could be in the christmas spirit flourishes style...but alas, no christmas tags for me since I still don't own a christmas set from them! Eventually I guess!...
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Alex has 7 random pieces of clothing and this is the 3rd top I am making to match and expand her wardrobe.
it is an ottobre pattern from the 6/10 issue. I am making it in a 122 size (euro) which is actually a little too big but she grows out of her tops fast since she has a long torso.
hoping to get it finished tonight or tomorrow.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Friday, July 15, 2011
DCWV red textured cardstock for both, all distressed with timholtz vintage photo distress ink and the ribbon is from RABOM (ribbons and bows oh my.com)--dk brown satin.
Sentiment is from a Papertrey set (out on a limb? not sure off the top of my head...it was out on the desk and I need to find its home! )
Hope you like! thanks for looking!
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Main image from Flourishes colored with copics R90s or is it 80s...85, 83, 81 I guess
cut out with a spellbinder and edged in stickles.
The pink paper cut like ribbon is stamped wih Papertrey Ink sentiment of Celebrate from "out on a limb".
Both the pink and striped paper is from a TAC (the angel company) that is old and I used it from the leftovers from a series of scrapbook pages I made.
Green CS is wasabi from SU and the embossing is a cuttlebug folder swiss dots.
The pink dots are from michaels long ago and were not even rom the scrapping section!
Entered into a noon time Flourishes Challenge--- Sketch
thanks for looking.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Entering into the Saturday Challenge found here...for dry or heat embossing, of which, I have both!
This is the first completed card that I have made in over 2 months....or maybe more. Hard to tell. Life starts to blurr together when you have 3 kids @ 2, 4, and 6!
I was inspired by a blog from Papertrey Ink at this post. A jungle I did not have...so I used the background style like her with my copics, similar but not exact colors (my collection is large, but not "I have hundreds of followers of my blog" large!).
Top to bottom the colors of mine are BG 49, BG 10, YG03, YG17, BG15
I did use the Stampin Up Lovely as a Tree stamp set and the Papertrey Ink Out on a limb for the sentiment. I think it turned out as a nice clean and simple but stunning card. thank you Nichole Heady for your inspiration/case!
Now...off to google and see if I can find her address or send off an email to find it! :) Thanks for looking!
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
I have made several things for the girls and I am not even sure that I have taken pictures of them all! Here is the latest. The Sea Shell Romper from the 3/11 Ottobre. I left off the pockets due to the busy nature of the fabric and only had enough rickrack for the bodice and not around the legs. This was the first time that I had ever put on rickrack and glad that I decided to....it wasn't that hard, actually kinda easy. And it really makes it look so much nicer! Kinda professional!
Saturday, April 23, 2011
First off I thought I needed to make Alexandra an Easter dress. She has NO clothes right now. I think the clothes that I have made for her makeup the majority of her wardrobe. She had no dresses that were spring like. I grabbed a few fabrics and offered Alex her choice and she picked the blue and purple option. So, I grabbed the newest Ottobre the summer 3/11 issue that I got on Tuesday....I think. I traced the pattern called Tropical blend in european size 104 (all the while LIl in nap and ALex and Isaac outside playing.) and cut the fabric. Did the whole thing....no piping and did a rolled hem to keep the extra length....and be quicker of course. I did metal snaps at the shoulders instead of buttons.
Of course, my darling girl is not very modest, so I grabbed the 1/11 ottobre issue and traced off the cinnamon leggins and cut those out of yellow cotton/lycra (yellow in centers of the flowers on the dress) in size 104, length of the 110. I made cuffs for the waist and the legs to be faster and not have to break out the coverstitch (more b/c I didn't want to change the threads!).
So....Lilly wakes up and the Easter outfit is completed. We make dinner from the leftover chili from Fridays lunch.....and I thread the serger tails back into the seams while waiting for Lilly and Isaac to finish eating before we had dessert....all done.
BUT....the sewing bug bit me hard...and I cut out the Cocos ruffle skirt pattern from the 1/11 ottobre and take some chez ami stretch twill and I got all done with that skirt except the waist ...waiting for some elastic once I can try it on Alex. See the almost adorable skirt below
Monday, March 28, 2011
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
- Cupcake Craft Challenge for Up in the Air and option green (have a little green)
- Double Dutch challenged for a creation (not into recipie cards, but bunny has a cupcake!)
- Crafts 4 eternity gave me the color palette of aqua, green, purple
- Sketch n stash gave me the design layout with their sketch
- Crazy Challenge challenged us to use brads or eyelets
- Creative inspirations challenged us to make an Easel Card (this is my first one!! had to look up the tutorial on splitcoaststampers.com so I could do it!!)
- And finally Paper Sundaes challenged us to keep it simple, and I think I did that very well!
The cardstock is Stampin Up, dewdrops are fakes from Michaels. Aqua paper and patterned paper I got from TAC years ago, called a little Whimsy. Perfect for the color challenge!! I used Copics to color in the Lili of the Valley stamp, which is my first time using him! So cute! (c03,05-bg000, 02, 05--yg01, 03, 17-v09, 06)
Black brads was from SU when I was a demo, which was before i was a mother! And my oldest is 5.5yrs old!!! Come to think of it, all my SU stuff is that old! I have only bought black, metallic and white cs and have never had to buy more color CS because I had bought so much as a demo!!
Today, I have been challenged by THE SUGAR BOWL to use a sketch, BELLS AND WHISTLES and MAGICAL MONDAYS to think spring, and KABOODLE DOODLES for a birthday card.
This card will be for my mother, whose birthday is in April and she loves green. Although I used brown, those greens/yellows just make it scream spring to me!
Sugar Nellie image Windswept stamped on Papertrey Ink CS colored in copics (YG00,01,03, 17 and E30, 33 35), cut out with a Spellbinder die
Distress inks anique linen around edges and image and sentient. Distress ink Walnut stain is the sentiment, from Gina K.Cardstock is all from SU, cuttlebug embossed, sewn on, and faux Michaels dewdrops
Thanks for looking. Hoping that tonight I will make two others, either masculine or boyish or kinda neutral!
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
- patterned paper from DCWV Once Upon a Time stack
- cs from SU, purple cut with spellbinder nestie
- sentiment from Papertrey Ink "in celebration" set, and used corner rounders
- Image from Kraftin Kimmie colored in copics, cut out with a spellbinder nestie with out of box technique.
- Straight stitch and ribbon help to add a little umph. ribbon from Oriental trading company
- Antique linen distress inks from tim holtz
- bow easy used for bow.
Challenges entered into...
- Kraftin Kimmie for scallops
- Crafty Catz for friendship
- Copic Creations Challenge (colors opposite on color wheel)
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
- Today I made 2 cards, one with my NEW Lili of the Valley Stamps from the UK and one with Papertrey Ink "In Celebration" stamp set.
- The first is this adorable little gal, whom is colored with copics (r20, 24, 27) and I used tip to tip technique since I didn't have the R22 color to blend well. I think it went rather nicely. I learned this at a 4 hr copic class from a certified copic gal Dionne (her blog here)
- CS is from SU, patterned paper is DCWV Whimsy stack, silver satin ribbon from Michaels, silver embossing, sewing machine, Spellbinders circle, big scallops and fancy tags. Sentiment is from Gina K along with the oval stamp around it. Embellished with faux dew drops from Michaels. Stickles on wings, wand and antaneas are "icicles". I love the end look. She is just so stinkin adorable!
- anything but a square--rectangles circles oval, but no square! at Cupcake craft challenge
- Show us a Circle at Lili of the Valley Challenge
- Papertake Weekly Challenge is anything goes with option of something old....well, those dew drops are over 2 yrs old....
- And...for the Pixie Cottage Challenge...something cute! If this card isn't cute...don't know what is!
- The Clean and Simple card is for my husband's birthday which is in 5 days and must be simple because he doesn't like a bunch of stuff. All stamping from the Papertrey Ink set mentioned above. Silver paper is from a package of shimmer paper from Michaels. Silver embossing, black ribbon from Michaels and that is about all for this one!
Challenges Entered into
- Gorjuss Challenge for black and....(one color--Mine is silver!)
- Charisma Cardz Challenge for black, white and one other color
MY GOAL for MARCH: Make 2 cards "not girly" for ever 1 that I make girly. I did make two of the CAS today, the other has a different sentiment and is going into the donated to Kindergarten gift basket for a raffle later this month.
I just find that I make what I love the most, but need to branch out into cards that other people might enjoy also. . . and I enjoy making them, but it is not my passion.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
I made this for Lilly to match the purple fleece top she is pictured in.
Of course all the other kids had to get into the picture...and it made Lilly happy and willing to pose, so I used them.
Observations on pattern:
I believe the name of these pants are Acrobatics. The waist is too loose....but that might be the type of knit that I used. Lilly is perfectly sized at the 80 by measurements..all of them, but the length of the pants is *almost* too short. So if you are making them, make sure to measure your inseam so you are not left with MC hammer capris....
Although unusual, I do like them on my 19 month old. Not sure if I would try to do these for my 5 yr old, she might be too picky about the style.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Supplies: All SU cardstock