Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Make it monday wedding shower card.

Actually designed my card from start to finish just like Nicole challenged us to do in the Make It Monday Challenge.  She walked us through her design process starting with a color combo inspiration.  I loved learning how she uses 3 of each color to make sure things are balanced out.  That was good to know.  I think it helped me out alot on this card.

I have never used so little white cardstock in my LIFE!  But I love this card. 

First time I used all stamps and dies.  Just got the tag sale 6 die, tweet talk stamp set and dies and ric rack die yesterday, houndstooth is just seeing its first ink from last months order.  heart is from the heart to heart 2, which mostly got inked, just not the heart!
All cardstock and stamps/dies are from PTI.  Yellow/white bakers twine is from unknown place! :)

Here is my color inspiration choice.  Left out the melon berry color, although it is the cardstock under the houndstooth stamping....stamped with berry sorbet.  Only two aquas, but it takes center stage, so I let that one slide.  Blueberry On the birdie, heart and "a little birdie told me" (3).  Berry Sorbet ink for houndstooth, "you're getting married" and birdie die.  Harvest Gold on rickrack, tag topper and the white/yellow.

Overall I love how it turned out.  Will be giving to my niece for her wedding shower coming up in ...oohh... 16 days from now!  Yikes!  What gift will this be going on???  hmmm...have to work on that!

I plan is to make a card from each of the color challenge colors or at least from 6 more and enter them into the make it monday challenge!  :)  I love this challenge!!

6 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

So sweet! Love the little tag 'birdhouse' and the houndstooth background with those sweet birds!

Suzanne Russell said...

So cute and such a great take on the challenge colors! Love it!

Kristen :-) said...

This is adorable! Makes me wish I had gotten those birdies! I love the colors and the balance!

Cathy Weber said...

How funny, I bet none of us are counting how many colors we actually use. That is such a great tag, love it with those birds and the houndstooth. This is a really great wedding card and I love the non-traditional wedding colors, so much prettier than an all-neutral wedding card.

Sincerely, Ree said...

This is a cute card! Those birds are so sweet! I like how you worked in the tag, the ric-rac die cut at bottom and the houndstooth background.

Marybeth said...

Great take on the photo. Such a darling tag for you niece. It will be here fast for her too. Enjoy the day. She will love this pretty card and tag you made.