Tuesday, May 1, 2012

MIM color challenge #2, sympathy card




Second combo done....2 in one day! Impressing myself!  I never get this creative, this often.
Here is the color inspiration picture from the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge.

I left out melon berry color because I believe all sympathy cards should be some what simple, and boy was I having a hard time with even this many colors!


Stamps:  Out on a limb , tweet talk
Cardstock: blush, canyon, leaf lemon,
Inks: canyon, leaf, black, versamark
Others:  Spellbinder die, SU button die, linen thread, glossy accents

(The versamark ink was using the tweet talk bird tail outline on the yellow for a little something, not sure how will it showed up!)

There are 3 button diecuts glued together and topped with glossy accents to try to make it look real.


Is there too much going on for a sympathy?
Thinking back looking at it I think I should left out the canyon base layer, made the blush later under bigger, then made a big button out of the canyon and put it under the yellow one.  Hmmmm.....  a thought for next time.

No comments: