Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cutie birthday card


When I first saw the "springtime" theme at the Kraftin Kimmie Challenge blog I first thought of Lilly Lemon....but then as I sorted through my stamps, I was drawn to Charlotte.  I was torn...Honestly, it was hard because I was thinking of my daughter Lilly while making this card...but, she is so much more like Charlotte....curly hair, loves her dollies, and has *THAT* gleam in her eye.  She is almost 3, but my wonderful husband and I do think that she will be our biggest challenge, (even though she is the biggest lovey!)

So, I am trying to use up my scraps, so I started with the small square in the right corner...it is a floral pattern that matches the stripes from a Echo Park Springtime paperpack.  Since I am using floral papers...She is my flower power gal as challenged by Joanna Sheen.  I browsed the challenge blogs to find a sketch that would work and found it at Sketch Saturday.  I subsituted the ruffled dark purple for a paper in the sketch, but I like it.  I found it a bit challenging to use this sketch, because I made this card into an easel card.  (This is only my second time doing an easel!  Don't know why!  I love them!)

So...I think she is adorable, fashioned after my own little cutie....so I entering her into the 7kidschallenge blog for "make it cute".  I also used the recipie from One Stop Craft Challenge of 1 image, 2 designer papers and 3 embellishments.  I almost couldn't make it work with the 3 embellishments because I had the ribbon and the bling, but couldn't decide what else to add (I am CAS at heart!)  So....I then realized that I had not colored the ruffle at the bottom of the yellow overskirt, so I decided to add purple stickles.  What Little girl DOESN'T want a little sequin or sparkle on her gown???  Lilly Loves to wear dresses...and actually, if she doesn't behave, I threaten her with "I will make you wear PANTS!"

The sentiment at the bottom of the yellow stripes is from gina K sentiments (can't remember which...says happy birthday) and is on a spellbinder that is only half showing.

On the inside, there is a tiny tags stamp "wish big" from papertrey ink and there are fake dew drops above it to hold the card up.  Hope you like!  I do!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a cutie, I love this image! Thanks so much for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Becca said...

adoreable...I love the design.
http://www.kardsforkidshsc.blogspot.com

gina g said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Francesca said...

Beautiful , Thanks for joining us at One stop craft challenge this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

NGCARDS said...

A brilliant creation hun! Thanks for joining in at Joanna Sheen! xxx