Friday, November 12, 2010

Shades of Blue-- Just Because Card


I created this card for the Flourishes Challenge for their new release of winter stamps, making shaes of blue. this was actually hard for me as blue is not my go to color!


I used momento ink for the image-Kraftin Kimmie stamp on Papertrey cardstock and colored with copics( BG000, 02, 05). Image cut and framed with Spellbinders label 4. Black mat has paper piercing free handed on it. Sponged in Holtz distress ink linen.


Her pettycoat has been colored with gellyroll pen silver. Ribbon from michaels on sale!! Bow made with bow easy (purchased last night at my local stamp store (lss) at their make and take....


Background stamped in versaink and embosed with an old stampin up glitter embossing powder. Can't remember where stamp is from! Sponged again in linen.

Tempting Turquoise cs from stampin up is embossed with cuttlebug folder.

Setiment is from Gina K designs and fits the Spellbinder Fancy Tags that I just got also.
The image reminds me of my oldest daughter...5, who is headstrong and loves animals....and this summer has been obsessed with finding toads/frogs under every rock! She even sneaked one into the house, up to her room and housed him in her doll house. When I found him, i thought he was just a statue (she has lots of animal statues like that) and went to touch him and he started to jump around her room! Ahh....
Hope you enjoy! :)



No comments: