Friday, February 9, 2007

My first In Home Workshop Cards

These are two cards that I did at my first in home workshop. Since valentines day is almost here, I decided to be festive:

kraft, red, white papers
Olive You and Petite Patterns Stamp sets
Real red and black ink, olive and red markers
Slit punch, SU carmel gingham ribbon





I sold a bunch of the slit punches in this party. Everyone loved the ease of it and how it made the card look.









The next card is a more Spring time card, colors and being floral too. We did the Versamark "ghosting" technique on the flower.

Celery, amythest, blush and glossy SU papers
Watercolor Vine Jumbo wheel, Heartfelt Thanks Stamp Set
Versamark ink
Brayer, Mat Pack


In retrosect, I would say that using a different tool to show on this card would have been a good thing, maybe using a tool and brads instead of the mat pack to make the pierced corners. It looks nice, but it was difficult to do with a large group to make them feel successful.

The Ghosting technique was very successful and got alot of wows, I belive that most of the ladies felt successful and I did sell lots of versamark and a brayer because I was able to show their usefulness!

I have to work on making sure that I can make every tool a success in the customers hand, or they won't want to have one of their own! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: