Friday, April 13, 2012

A papertrey ink/nicole heady release CASE

My kitchen is clean.  Honest.  littlest was sleeping, the middle little was too busy working on building transformers out of legos that he want talking (this is huge cause he never stops talking!  5yr old)
So rather then fold the mountain of laundry, 4 or 5 loads sitting on my couch, decide to craft.
Today it's the 4th Day of papertrey ink's april release.  I love so many of the design team's creations I have decided to start CASING them with things I already have rather then lust over then thinking I need then all.  I no longer have play money AT ALL since my dh's new job is MUCH less pay.  Ouch, family of 5 with stay at home mom!  Might have to get a job!

Anyways....very proud of how great my knock off looks. 

I have enteed this card into several challenges:

Cute Card Thursday--Spring Flowers
Simon Says Stamp-April Showers brings Spring Flowers
Creative Card Crew--Kraft cardstock
I used....

  • Frilly flowers from papertrey ink in their sunrise yellow, avocado leaves, and poppy for dots and small flowers. 
  • Dots from the pti harvest berries (ginko leaves) set.
  • Pinking shears for the edges
  • PTI twine
  • buttons from my mom's collection, was just plain mother of pearl, but I colored it with dk brown copics and now I have brown buttons!
  • Framed Out #2 Stamp Set and Die form PTI.  Sentiment is from that set too.  With pure poppy ink and Distress Ink, vintage photo on Kraft paper.
Not the same as the original seen here... Click picture to go to the Blog posting!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

What a lovely card! You've made a lovely job of casing the DT card and the colours that you've used are super

Thanks for joining us at creative Card Crew for our Kraft challenge

Margaret DT