Okay, so I have a baby ready to bust out of her infant seat and wanted to recover her brother's black/grey one before *trying* (with fingers crossed) to fit it with the other 2 car seats in the back of the Corolla....Tomorrow is a nice day, so I guess I will have to try....Since I finally got it recovered!
I know I know...not supposed to recover. BUT...I didn't just cover it, I took the old one apart--big seam ripper day---and then covered each piece, sewed it back together (with the old one underneath) and then used my own FOE (lt pink)to bind it instead of thick ucky black stuff that is now in a landfill. Of course, it is better a little black binding in a landfill then a whole seat b/c I went to buy a girly one since there are no replacements available from the manufactuer.
I am happy. Hope it fitsin the car!!!.
OH...and it is a UFO--UnFinished Object.
I planned on not starting new projects till all my ufos are done...but last night I fell off the wagon (that wagon that I promised on MONDAY I would stay on... :)
I did those 2 body suits last night--but did them start to finish which is a BIG accomplishment for me! Oh...and the yellow velour one did NOT fit over her head...so now it IS a UFO and needs modification to fit...thinking split the back neck, add a tab with a snap ...might work...hope so cause it looks pretty decent! The turquoise one is on her now and MATCHES some CUTE CUTE fabric I have been wanting to use for a long time...now I know my next project....since I did get a ufo done--
maybe I should do one more UFO first....the Olivia from Farbenmix that is cut and waiting...out of hello kitty knit for my dd#1. Made one for her friends birthday and never finished hers! :)
But, on to bed as it is now the next day....happy thursday!
Here is the new car seat