Monday, March 28, 2011
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
- Cupcake Craft Challenge for Up in the Air and option green (have a little green)
- Double Dutch challenged for a creation (not into recipie cards, but bunny has a cupcake!)
- Crafts 4 eternity gave me the color palette of aqua, green, purple
- Sketch n stash gave me the design layout with their sketch
- Crazy Challenge challenged us to use brads or eyelets
- Creative inspirations challenged us to make an Easel Card (this is my first one!! had to look up the tutorial on splitcoaststampers.com so I could do it!!)
- And finally Paper Sundaes challenged us to keep it simple, and I think I did that very well!
The cardstock is Stampin Up, dewdrops are fakes from Michaels. Aqua paper and patterned paper I got from TAC years ago, called a little Whimsy. Perfect for the color challenge!! I used Copics to color in the Lili of the Valley stamp, which is my first time using him! So cute! (c03,05-bg000, 02, 05--yg01, 03, 17-v09, 06)
Black brads was from SU when I was a demo, which was before i was a mother! And my oldest is 5.5yrs old!!! Come to think of it, all my SU stuff is that old! I have only bought black, metallic and white cs and have never had to buy more color CS because I had bought so much as a demo!!
Today, I have been challenged by THE SUGAR BOWL to use a sketch, BELLS AND WHISTLES and MAGICAL MONDAYS to think spring, and KABOODLE DOODLES for a birthday card.
This card will be for my mother, whose birthday is in April and she loves green. Although I used brown, those greens/yellows just make it scream spring to me!
Sugar Nellie image Windswept stamped on Papertrey Ink CS colored in copics (YG00,01,03, 17 and E30, 33 35), cut out with a Spellbinder die
Distress inks anique linen around edges and image and sentient. Distress ink Walnut stain is the sentiment, from Gina K.Cardstock is all from SU, cuttlebug embossed, sewn on, and faux Michaels dewdrops
Thanks for looking. Hoping that tonight I will make two others, either masculine or boyish or kinda neutral!
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
- patterned paper from DCWV Once Upon a Time stack
- cs from SU, purple cut with spellbinder nestie
- sentiment from Papertrey Ink "in celebration" set, and used corner rounders
- Image from Kraftin Kimmie colored in copics, cut out with a spellbinder nestie with out of box technique.
- Straight stitch and ribbon help to add a little umph. ribbon from Oriental trading company
- Antique linen distress inks from tim holtz
- bow easy used for bow.
Challenges entered into...
- Kraftin Kimmie for scallops
- Crafty Catz for friendship
- Copic Creations Challenge (colors opposite on color wheel)
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
- Today I made 2 cards, one with my NEW Lili of the Valley Stamps from the UK and one with Papertrey Ink "In Celebration" stamp set.
- The first is this adorable little gal, whom is colored with copics (r20, 24, 27) and I used tip to tip technique since I didn't have the R22 color to blend well. I think it went rather nicely. I learned this at a 4 hr copic class from a certified copic gal Dionne (her blog here)
- CS is from SU, patterned paper is DCWV Whimsy stack, silver satin ribbon from Michaels, silver embossing, sewing machine, Spellbinders circle, big scallops and fancy tags. Sentiment is from Gina K along with the oval stamp around it. Embellished with faux dew drops from Michaels. Stickles on wings, wand and antaneas are "icicles". I love the end look. She is just so stinkin adorable!
- anything but a square--rectangles circles oval, but no square! at Cupcake craft challenge
- Show us a Circle at Lili of the Valley Challenge
- Papertake Weekly Challenge is anything goes with option of something old....well, those dew drops are over 2 yrs old....
- And...for the Pixie Cottage Challenge...something cute! If this card isn't cute...don't know what is!
- The Clean and Simple card is for my husband's birthday which is in 5 days and must be simple because he doesn't like a bunch of stuff. All stamping from the Papertrey Ink set mentioned above. Silver paper is from a package of shimmer paper from Michaels. Silver embossing, black ribbon from Michaels and that is about all for this one!
Challenges Entered into
- Gorjuss Challenge for black and....(one color--Mine is silver!)
- Charisma Cardz Challenge for black, white and one other color
MY GOAL for MARCH: Make 2 cards "not girly" for ever 1 that I make girly. I did make two of the CAS today, the other has a different sentiment and is going into the donated to Kindergarten gift basket for a raffle later this month.
I just find that I make what I love the most, but need to branch out into cards that other people might enjoy also. . . and I enjoy making them, but it is not my passion.