Hello.... Here is my Jamine Jumper that I made from a free pattern on the diaper sewing divas website. Bonnie made this and it is a 0-3 that I sized up to try out on Lilly...but she is asleep, so I will leave her be and will try it tomorrow! It is a purchaseable pattern from nb-12m on her fishsticks website...just google it! she has several patterns and I just purchased this one and one other...I know how easy this one was, so I figure it is a good buy. This is my first try at an ottobe shirt that I posted about eariler. I tried to size it up to a 4 T and wasn't great at it. The neckline is bad, but it is fine for the pjs they have become. But she won't wear it to bed until I make pants to match...so that is on the list to do!
And here is the worst item I have sewn yet...okay, so I haven't sewn many things, but this is bad. :) I tried to take a pattern for a shorts type romper to long sleeve/long pants and they ended up being uneven...then I misread the instructions on how to make ribbed binding and stretched it...so it ended up making the front all wonky...but overall a great learning experience! Plus, she can still wear them as pjs to bed. Screw ups always end up as pjs! :)
Yep, it is 9pm and my baby is still awake. If she goes to sleep, I will go and clean and then sew sew sew. I want to finish her jumper tonight and finish her big sis's outift. Just need to make one hem and I am finished.
After all that, I will take a break from sewing and do some serious fabric inventory. I have made the decision to open my cloth diaper fabric store back up....and have 200 yards of pul coming from fabrite now and want to have all the stuff here nice and organized and catagorized so I can open up the store easily and stock it quickly!
Okay, so my goal of October is to sew everyday, even if it is just 4 or 5 seams in a project, it is moving me forward. My second is to finish cleaning up and organizing my roll top which has gotten to be a catch all for paperwork that needs to dealt with, but nothing that has to done in a time table....
Granted that half of my sewing today is being ripped out again, but live and learn!
Will post once I actually get these ladybug outfits finished. :)
So, I had a subscription to the Findland Ottobre Magazine and I am finally making something from it, actually two things. Below it is the first that I am making for Alex out of blue ladybug fabric. the info is all here that you see....no more.
This is the Romper I am making out of the same fabric but making long sleeves and pants for Lilly.
This is half of one of 6 pattern sheets--crazy I know! Tracing it is a super crazy and I am sure everything I make will end up wonky cause of my poor tracing, but we will just have to see. I guess that in order to put 30-35 patterns in 6 pages, you have to have it this way!
SO>>>> this is why I am watching Survivor with a seam ripper...I attached the ribbing edging to the romper, then sewed a seam down before wrapping the edging around before sewing it down on the outside, securing on the inside at the same time. Anyways....I sewed it WAY too wide and now.....in the second picture, you can see there is not enough ribbing to go around the edge. So, Seam rip and redo....hope I can get it done and resewn during comercials!
Here is the romper for LIlly, no sleeves on it, the right leg is rolled up so I know how long to make it as I tried it on her this afternoon to figure it all out....hope it works--and SHE will wear it for sure...she has no choice! :)
Here is the raglan top for Alex, I need to finish the neckribbing and then connect the sleeves and sides, and finish the wrists. Hopefully she will like it and will be willing to wear it so I can have a picture of it! :)